Rob Oliver explains how financial advisors get paid and suggests questions to ask advisors about how they are compensated.
- The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- SEC’s Investment Adviser Search
- CNN-Money: Ask How Your Advisor is Paid
- Wall Street Journal: How to Pay Your Financial Adviser
- Financial Planning Association: How Planners Charge
- New York Times: Questions to Ask When Picking a Financial Adviser
Please note that this blog post and video are for educational purposes only and should not be construed as advice specific to your situation. You should get advice from a legal, accounting, or investment professional before deciding what course of action is appropriate for you.